Sunday, July 29, 2018

Tomatillo Salsa

Has this ever happened to you? - You stumble on a promising recipe. You think to yourself “I need to try this out”. You then go on to do other things, and a few days later, remember the recipe that you wanted to try, but unfortunately, you can’t find it anymore. This happens to me all the time.

Sometimes, I find a recipe and try it out immediately, but forget to bookmark it or write it down and can’t find it when I want it the next time.




I got this recipe from a youtube video a while ago (may be two years ago?). I made a note of the ingredients. Made it a few times - to rave reviews. Now, when I am trying to write a blog post about it, I have not been able to find the original video to give credit!

Anyway - I make this when tomatillos are in season. It comes out really well and goes great with tamales.



Tomatillo Salsa


Prep time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes Serves: 4 - 6 people

Here’s what you need:


  • 10 small tomatillos, cut in half
  • 2 serrano chiles, slit lengthwise
  • 1 onion, cut into chunks
  • 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
  • 1 cup cilantro, chopped
  • salt to taste


Here’s how I made it:


  1. Set the oven to broil.
  2. Place the tomatillos, serrano chilies, and onions on a cookie sheet.
  3. Put the cookie sheet in the oven.
  4. After about 5 minutes, add the diced garlic.
  5. Remove after about 4 more minutes. Let everything cool.
  6. Blend the broiled veggies, salt, and cilantro, adding water to get the desired consistency.

Serve with tortilla chips for an awesome appetizer or as a condiment in a Mexican Fiesta

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing content and such nice information for me. I hope you will share some more content about. Please keep sharing! Mango

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...