Sunday, July 29, 2018

Restaurant Style Salsa

Everyone in our house loves Mexican food. One of our favorite Mexican restaurants is called Efrain’s. It is about 7 - 8 minute drive from our house, is always packed, and has the best Blue Corn Enchiladas I have ever tasted. They have a pretty good selection of vegetarian friendly entrees and an excellent house margarita!

Like most Mexican restaurants in the U.S., they serve chips and salsa as soon as they seat you. My kids love this salsa. I have tried many store-bought versions, but nothing comes close to the salsa served in Mexican restaurants.






Then, one day, a few years ago, I stumbled upon this recipe from The Pioneer Woman Cooks. It looked easy and seemed to be exactly what I was looking for. I tried it and was sold!

I have made this several times since then and it has never failed. I made very slight modifications to the original recipe, so that it is a bit more spicy.

Serve this at your next party and let me know what you think.





Restaurant Style Salsa


Prep. time: 10 minutes Serves: About 3 - 4

Recipe courtesy: The Pioneer Woman Cooks


Here’s what you need:

  • 1 10 oz. can Ro-Tel (original)
  • 1 14 oz. can organic diced tomatoes, with juice
  • 1 - 2 jalapenos, diced
  • ¼ onion, diced
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • salt to taste
  • pinch of sugar
  • ¼ tsp. ground cumin
  • ½ cup chopped cilantro
  • juice of 1 lime

Here's how I made it:

  1. Add all the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor. 
  2. Cover and pulse a few times till you get the desired consistency. I like mine without any chunks.
Note:

  • You can store this in the refrigerator for a few days, but in my house, it gets done quickly.
  • If you have fresh tomatoes from your garden, use those instead of canned tomatoes. It adds more flavor to the salsa!

Serve with tortilla chips, or as part of a Taco Bar.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this. I really like what you've posted here and wish you the best of luck with this blog and thanks for sharing.Best Salsa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...