Thursday, October 15, 2015

Sprouted Masoor Sundal

Navarathri has started and with it all the great sundal recipes.  On the first day of Navarathri, I had Parent-Teacher conferences – so my husband made sundal.  I soaked dried green peas the previous night and pressure-cooked them in the morning. My husband did the tadka in the evening.

 



On the second day (I almost feel like breaking out into the song “On the first day of Christmas..”) I was in a rush and forgot to soak something in the morning – so ended up making kadalai paruppu sundal (channa dal sundal).

Today – the third day, I made sprouted masoor sundal.  I had sprouted masoor matki over the weekend.  So decided to make sundal with it.

It is so quick and easy to make (of course you need to have the sprouting done)


Sprouted Lentil Stir Fry


Here’s what you need:


  • 1 tsp. oil
  • 1 – 2 red chilies
  • 1 tsp. mustard seeds
  • ¼ tsp. hing (asafetida)
  • 2 – 3 curry leaves
  • 1 cup sprouted whole masoor (red lentils)
  • salt to taste
  • graded coconut (optional)



Here’s how I made it:


  1. Heat oil in a pan.  Add mustard seeds.  When they sputter, add red chilies, hing and curry leaves.
  2. When the red chilies get slightly browned, add the sprouted masoor, salt an a little ware (I added about ¼ cup)
  3. Cover and cook on low heat till the lentils are cooked (about 10 minutes).
  4. Turn off the heat and add coconut (if you are using) and mix well.

That’s it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...